Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Owls.

I have a new fascination with owls or obsession as one might call it. I have always admired this specific creature of the night – mainly due to the mystery of the actual personality of the bird with the cryptic cries in the dark adding to the suspense. What secrets do these creatures hold? What do they witness when the world is asleep?  I have often wondered and thought about these questions and only associated owls with horror films and ghost stories. However, it is not until now that I’ve gained a new perspective toward these noble statuesque birds.

Recently, I have completed a project – an illustration of an owl as a gift to a close friend of mine. As this painting illustration is intended to be hung as wall décor for her nursery, I used bright hues and repeated fun patterns to create the fitting piece for the child’s room.
I cannot recall last time I had this much fun painting. While I was working on it, I could picture all kinds of different cute scenes involving owls – an array of different colors and stories swarming  its way into my mind and slowly nestling into my thoughts. I was gone in this world of “Owl-boro”. As a result, I decided that I wanted to create a series of  small nursery-oriented paintings of different scenes involving owls. I hope to incorporate some of my other subjects (hands and botanicals) into these artworks. Planning to start work on these sometime within the next month and surely, I will be posting photo updates on progress when possible. I really want to include this series in my Etsy shop which will be up and running in mid-summer.

1 comment:

  1. You need to do more of these!! I could see this as a tattoo!! Really your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete