Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Take me back to the Caribbean.

I miss the warm sunny days of tropical summer. On this early and brisk April day, winter’s grip is still pulled tight over us - it doesn’t really feel that spring has  crept in just yet. Most days I imagine spontaneously jumping on a plane and flying to Aruba, the island of my honeymoon – the island of the happy people as I’d like to call it.  The week we spent on the island in late September of 2012, was a week of paradise. It was a week of lingering  purple sunsets, romantic walks by the midnight water, and chilled glasses of the “Brown Lady” cocktail.


I want that time back. Right now!

However, life doesn’t work that way. We cannot rewind and go back, we can only go forward. It will take some hard work and dedication to get on that track – while keeping steady balance – but it can be done. Things happen for a reason and if they don’t, you make them happen for a reason. For now, I will just have to share these photos and rekindle the wonderful Aruban experience with my husband...or I could just  kick off my imaginary flip flops and dance like a freaktoid  to the "Kokomo" tune in our cute little  apartment and pretend I have been taken back to the Caribbean –for next 5 minutes at least :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment