Monday, January 28, 2013

Matryoshka Dress.

It has been one full month since my husband and I canceled our Comcast TV service. After years and years of frustration with this particular cable company, and many stressful thus draining phone conversations about increased bills, it was time to nix them. I wish I could say that we canceled all of their services, but we kept the internet as it is a necessity for both fun and work. Therefore, this takes me to the introduction of life without cable TV and life with the Apple TV box. We can stream a number of television shows through Hulu Plus and Netflix for no additional fees other than paying a standard of $16 per month. This is where New Girl comes in. That adorable comedy sitcom with Zooey Deschanel on Fox. I’m hooked as it’s a unique little gem in night-time television. The show has everything from fun little outfits to shaved eyebrows to dating blunders.

Finally, it's time for the proper introduction of the Matryashka Dress. The dress I fell in love with. Its appearance premiered in the last episode of New Girl - worn by the adorable perky Jess (Zooey) as one of her teaching outfits.

  New Girl, Zooey Deschanel
The dress represents happiness - from the vibrant colors to the Russian Matryoshkas. I had a momentary glimpse of happiness when I searched for it online and found a match. Little did I know at the time that the dress found on Modcloth was $300. Not quite within my budget- especially during these ongoing tight economic times.


Hence, I am marking down this project as a goal to be completed by the upcoming summer: MatryshkaDress – Size M – for Mariya. I already found a few prints with these little adorable stockable dolls on Etsy(thanks to the inspiration of my little sister Stacey and a sweet woman by the name of Hope. I like the silhouette of the dress, but will probably change it up a bit, but haven’t decided on whether I’ll make the pattern from scratch or follow one from Vogue patterns or something along those lines. I’m excited.

Is there a project that you are excited about? If not, find one. It’s so freeing and fun!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! But I'm a little sad you didn't take me up on my offer to illustrate the dolls :(

    ReplyDelete