Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sugar High Rush - “Mariya” Style

For my second blog entry ever, I’ll pretend that I’m a normal human being. It’s been about an hour since it occurred, I must admit. Another one of those typical sugar high nights. What brought it on? Ice cream. Coffee ice cream. Starbucks coffee ice cream. Need I say more?

It was amazing. It lasted about five or ten minutes, however it felt more like twelve minutes. I rolled around on the floor (literally), did jumping jacks, barked and screeched in my Exorcist voice, words that should not be repeated by anyone but me. All witnessed by my wonderful sane husband. As such an event occurs every few weeks, he’s pretty used to it by now. One can say, it’s just one of the negatively unique perks of being married to a freaktoid.
I got my first “real” wooden art easel today, which would explain my celebratory need for sweets and the main culprit behind my sugar high dance breakdown. It’s beautiful and has functioning clamps. I’ve never had one with those before. It’s been a while since I painted and it’s been a while since I’ve painted using one of those. I miss it. I miss that feeling of freedom and expression, that feeling of letting your hands brush across the roughness of the canvas and the brush bristles getting soaked in vibrant colors that my hand chose willingly. If I’m being fully honest, this feeling comes and goes as there are other distractions that occupy my mind and time throughout the years, but somehow I always get back to painting. My mind finds its way back to the desire to create and all those other distractions do not have an impact on my perception of life in a creative way.
The sugar high has subsided, and I’m antsy tonight, antsy and excited to start working on my first piece in almost a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment